Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using Three Conditions in CF

Hi all,

I've been reading for a while, but have been unable to resolve this.
What I have is this:
I need to have a cell highlight Red (O2) when the date in cell B2 is 14 days
past.
I don't want it to highlight on an empty B2 cell.
Then, if I mark the cell with an "X" (Checkoff) I want the Red to go away
and be replaced by a Bold Capital X.
I got the first two just fine, but I cannot get it to run the third
condition. Below are the conditions I am using/attempting!
Condition 1: Formula Is =B2="" - No Font color, No Pattern color
Condition 2: Formula Is =B2+14 - No Font color, Red Pattern color
Condition 3: Formula Is =ISTEXT(O2) - Black Font color, Bold, No Pattern
color

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA,
Bryan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So, in the case where O2 is "X", is B2 either null or equal to B2+14? If so,
move this to the first condition.

Conditional formatting will always run the first condition first and stop
looking once there is a match.

"Bryan" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1st condition would be 'Cell Value is' X

2nd condition is formula (red)
=AND(B20,TODAY()-B214)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Bryan" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Sean and Jacob!

I had forgotten about the ordering. I appreciate you condensing the two
conditions into one. It worked like a charm!!