Junior Member

Question Yes or No buttons,list,or Combo box

I need to set up something close to like this

1) Item Name / Does it play music? / yes or no (list box)

The problem I am having is I have 175 items I need that Yes or No box in but I can't figure out how to do that.

So if someone could speak to me with instructions that a 7 year old could understand as to how I can put 175 different combo or list boxes in one worksheet that have the choices Yes or No..

Thank You for any help in advance.
Nick

Not wishing to sound critical but what is wrong with the user just typing in
a Y or a N in the cell next to the item?
You could add some validation to the cells so that it only accepts Y or N.
Do you really need a combo box?

Nick

--
Samantha

Nick

Actually to add to my previous comment if you use validation you can get
excel to put a dropdown list automatically against the cell and show the
values that you want to enter.
In the Validation Criteria option select List then type Y,N in the source
box, ensure the In-Cell dropdown is ticked.
Then when a user selects the cell a dropdwon arrow will appear.

Hope this helps.

NB I am using Excel 2000

"Samantha" wrote in message

I need to set up something close to like this

1) Item Name / Does it play music? / yes or no (list box)

The problem I am having is I have 175 items I need that Yes or No box
in but I can't figure out how to do that.

So if someone could speak to me with instructions that a 7 year old
could understand as to how I can put 175 different combo or list boxes
in one worksheet that have the choices Yes or No..

Thank You for any help in advance.

--
Samantha

JulieD

Hi Samantha

how about another alternative ... select the column where you want your list
box, choose data / validation, choose list
in the source line type
yes,no
and click OK
now click in one of the cells and you'll get a drop down arrow where you can
choose either yes or no - will this do?

--
Cheers
JulieD