Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using a variable to point to a location

I want to point to a name by its index number:
=NameSheet!D[VariableOfRowContainingNameIWant]

The kind of formula I want to use is like this, only instead of the "12" I
want to use a variable, like G3:
=CONCATENATE(People!C12," ",IF(LEN(People!D12)0,CONCATENATE(People!D12, "
")),People!E12)

I am trying to display a person's name using their number.

I'd like to avoid going to Visual Basic.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

where the name in g3 matches col d on the sheets tab. Or modify for a number
instead.

=INDEX(people!d:d,MATCH(g3,people!d:d,0))& "
"&INDEX(people!e:e,MATCH(g3,people!d:d,0))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel