Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COMBINING TWO COLUMNS THAT ARE CURRENCY

I have 2 columns that I want to merge together and I used =A2&B2 and that
part works, but it won't let me format it back to currency? If you merge two
columns together and then later want to merge another one into the already
merged column, is that what's messing it up?
Thanks
Donna
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look in the help index for DOLLAR

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Donna" wrote in message
I have 2 columns that I want to merge together and I used =A2&B2 and that
part works, but it won't let me format it back to currency? If you merge
two
columns together and then later want to merge another one into the already
merged column, is that what's messing it up?
Thanks
Donna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The & operator returns the two numbers as text.

To see some formatting..............

=TEXT(A2&B2,"$#,##0.00")

BTW...........you are not merging columns...........you are combining
columns.

"merging" is a dirty word around here<g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP