Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default if one cell were to equal __ what would the value in another cell

Suppose

A1 = 5
B1 = 10
C1 = a1+b1

Can you put a formula in a cell that would say that if a1 were to be 10 and
have it display then what would the value in c1 be.

I need this for something much more complex than this but this is the
general idea.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
please could you provide with more information but an starts

=if(a1=10,your formula)

"uldk" wrote:

Suppose

A1 = 5
B1 = 10
C1 = a1+b1

Can you put a formula in a cell that would say that if a1 were to be 10 and
have it display then what would the value in c1 be.

I need this for something much more complex than this but this is the
general idea.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not too clear:
="If A1 = 10 then A1+B1 would be " & Text(10+B1,"#.00")
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP