Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JV JV is offline

Default Comparing columns

I have two columns one contains the mailing address and the other has the
actual address. i want to compare these and if they are the same move the
address to another column so I can eliminate the rows where the addresses do
not match.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Col A - address1
ColB - address2

ColC; cell C1

=IF(A1=B1,A1,"")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jv" wrote:

I have two columns one contains the mailing address and the other has the
actual address. i want to compare these and if they are the same move the
address to another column so I can eliminate the rows where the addresses do
not match.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JV JV is offline

I think that would work if i could also condition on the first 15 charactors
as the mailing addresses have ST, AVe BLVd and the actual addressdoes not

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Col A - address1
ColB - address2

ColC; cell C1

=IF(A1=B1,A1,"")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jv" wrote:

I have two columns one contains the mailing address and the other has the
actual address. i want to compare these and if they are the same move the
address to another column so I can eliminate the rows where the addresses do
not match.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(LEFT(A1,15)=LEFT(B1,15),A1,"")

Difficult to suggest something unless you analyze the data..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jv" wrote:

I think that would work if i could also condition on the first 15 charactors
as the mailing addresses have ST, AVe BLVd and the actual addressdoes not

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Col A - address1
ColB - address2

ColC; cell C1

=IF(A1=B1,A1,"")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jv" wrote:

I have two columns one contains the mailing address and the other has the
actual address. i want to compare these and if they are the same move the
address to another column so I can eliminate the rows where the addresses do
not match.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JV JV is offline

Here is the data for a line in my report

D L
C/O P O BOX 33 6063 CARROLL

Formula used

=IF(LEFT(D764,8)=LEFT(L764,8),D764,"")

"jv" wrote:

I think that would work if i could also condition on the first 15 charactors
as the mailing addresses have ST, AVe BLVd and the actual addressdoes not

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Col A - address1
ColB - address2

ColC; cell C1

=IF(A1=B1,A1,"")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jv" wrote:

I have two columns one contains the mailing address and the other has the
actual address. i want to compare these and if they are the same move the
address to another column so I can eliminate the rows where the addresses do
not match.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JV JV is offline

Woops I forgot to say that I got no results in the column where i put the
formula

"jv" wrote:

I think that would work if i could also condition on the first 15 charactors
as the mailing addresses have ST, AVe BLVd and the actual addressdoes not

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Col A - address1
ColB - address2

ColC; cell C1