Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need a Formula!

I am trying to create a formula and evidentally I do not know what I am
doing. I need HELP!

I need to multiply any number over 2400 by .02 and get the sum and any
number that is less than 2400 that it will give the sum 0
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume your number is in A2,

=IF(A22400,A2*.02,0)
Actually that will do same as: any number over 2400, multiply by .02, but if
number is 2400 or less, return zero.

If you want to also get number x .02 when it is exactly 2400, then
=IF(A2=2400,A2*.02,0)

"Ddauster" wrote:

I am trying to create a formula and evidentally I do not know what I am
doing. I need HELP!

I need to multiply any number over 2400 by .02 and get the sum and any
number that is less than 2400 that it will give the sum 0

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your description of the problem does not help very much, but I think
you need something like this:

=IF(A1<2400,0,A1*0.2)

This assumes that the number you want to test is in A1 - copy down as
required.

If this is not what you want, then please describe your problem
better, eg I have numbers in column A starting with A1, and if the
number in each cell is greater than or equal to 2400 I wish to
multiply it by 0.2 in another column, otherwise return zero (that's
what my formula does, anyway).

Hope this helps.

Pete