Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Unnamed Macro Error

Everytime I open my aaaa.xls Excel displays a dialog box that states
"C:/aaaa.xls contains macros." "Macros may contain viruses..."
I have checked Tools/Macros and found none listed.
- With Security set High; the dialog box states that the offending macros
are disabled "OK."
- With Security set Medium; the dialog box asks "Enable" or "Disable" adjust
your security levels.
- With Security set Low; there is no dialog box, but this is not recommended.
This only occurs on this xls. What is the best resolutions?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps you still have a module in there without any macros. Alt-F11
will bring up the VB Editor, and if you see any modules listed in the
left-hand panel just right-click on each one in turn and select Remove
Module1. Excel will prompt you if you want to export Module1 - just
click on No.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 24, 9:09*am, Andy wrote:
Everytime I open my aaaa.xls Excel displays *a dialog box that states
"C:/aaaa.xls contains macros." *"Macros may contain viruses..."
I have checked Tools/Macros and found none listed.
- With Security set High; the dialog box states that the offending macros
are disabled "OK."
- With Security set Medium; the dialog box asks "Enable" or "Disable" adjust
your security levels.
- With Security set Low; there is no dialog box, but this is not recommended.
This only occurs on this xls. *What is the best resolutions?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Aug 24, 9:09*am, Andy wrote:

Everytime I open my aaaa.xls Excel displays *a dialog box that states
"C:/aaaa.xls contains macros." *"Macros may contain viruses..."
I have checked Tools/Macros and found none listed.
- With Security set High; the dialog box states that the offending macros
are disabled "OK."
- With Security set Medium; the dialog box asks "Enable" or "Disable" adjust
your security levels.
- With Security set Low; there is no dialog box, but this is not recommended.
This only occurs on this xls. *What is the best resolutions?
Thanks

If there are no Modules listed, check the "ThisWorkbook" object.
Most likely it will be the culprit.

If not, check each of the "Sheetx" objects. (Sheet1; Sheet2; Sheet3;
etc.)