Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adjust line spacing when printing address labels in Excell ?

I am creating labels for a mass mailing in Excell and Word Vista. The line
spacing is such that I can only get three lines on each label and I need
four. When I choose single spacing in Word, it does not carry over to the
format for the labels. I will appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 13:20:01 -0700, lizreed
wrote:

I am creating labels for a mass mailing in Excell and Word Vista. The line
spacing is such that I can only get three lines on each label and I need
four. When I choose single spacing in Word, it does not carry over to the
format for the labels. I will appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Instead of allowing the application to format the text as a bulk block
of data, make a label template where you use 4 rows to format the text
and spacing. You place text in each cell, and shrink the row height till
you are not culling any of the characters. Do that for the other three
rows. Then, you can space them on a per pixel level by adjusting each
cell row and its spacing individually.

There are "kerning" and other formatting "features" in MS Word, but I do
not know about formatting in that realm to any great degree.