Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting Colors on a worksheet

At work the formula in a cell is: =COUNTCOLOR(B5:AF5,12,FALSE)
At work it is a macro that works
How come it does not work or ask me to enable macros when sent via email? and
Is there a formula without a macro to enable this function to work, when I
am away from work?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
i don't think it's a macro. i think it's a user defined function from this
website.....
http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
How come it does not work or ask me to enable macros when sent via email? your udf may be in a custom add-in. this is done so that the custom udf will be available to all workbooks that you open. the add-in opens when you open excel and is hidden. in order to get the color formula to work, you would have to add the custom udf to the workbooks you e-mail. but without seeing your setup, i am only guessing that you may have an add-in.
Is there a formula without a macro to enable this function to work, when I
am away from work?

no. Excel provides no support in worksheet functions for working with
colors. you must use the custom udf. see the site above for more info.

regards
FSt1