Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countdown days In Excel with conditional formating

I need help on figuring out what formula to use.

Here is what I am trying to do:

My sales reps need to submit a date of when they found a prospect.
With that date, they also inform me of what priority they are based on
a scale of 1-5. Each priority has time frame on which I would like
them to move the prospect to the next phase, ( for example Priority 1
is 0-30 days). I would like to insert a column telling me how long the
prospect has been in the first phase and if it has gone over the time
alotted I would like for it to change color. So I need the formula to
include the priority and the time frame, as well as the number of days
it has been since the sales rep placed the prospect. If my description
is confusing here is an example.

Date Entered Priority Days In Phase 1
8/15/09 1 5 (If Todays
date is 8/20/09)

Please Help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How many days is priority 2, 3, 4, and 5? Otto
"JR" wrote in message
I need help on figuring out what formula to use.

Here is what I am trying to do:

My sales reps need to submit a date of when they found a prospect.
With that date, they also inform me of what priority they are based on
a scale of 1-5. Each priority has time frame on which I would like
them to move the prospect to the next phase, ( for example Priority 1
is 0-30 days). I would like to insert a column telling me how long the
prospect has been in the first phase and if it has gone over the time
alotted I would like for it to change color. So I need the formula to
include the priority and the time frame, as well as the number of days
it has been since the sales rep placed the prospect. If my description
is confusing here is an example.

Date Entered Priority Days In Phase 1
8/15/09 1 5 (If Todays
date is 8/20/09)

Please Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming that the time frame is 30*Priority (30 times the priority number),
and assuming the Date entered is in A2 and the priority is in B2, in C2
enter the formula =Today()-A2.
Select cell C2. Click on Format - Conditional Formatting. Select "Cell
value is" in the first box, "greater than" in the second box, and type in
the formula =B2*30 in the third box. Click on Format in the Conditional
Formatting box, click on the Patterns tab, and select the color you want.
That's it. HTH Otto
"JR" wrote in message
I need help on figuring out what formula to use.

Here is what I am trying to do:

My sales reps need to submit a date of when they found a prospect.
With that date, they also inform me of what priority they are based on
a scale of 1-5. Each priority has time frame on which I would like
them to move the prospect to the next phase, ( for example Priority 1
is 0-30 days). I would like to insert a column telling me how long the
prospect has been in the first phase and if it has gone over the time
alotted I would like for it to change color. So I need the formula to
include the priority and the time frame, as well as the number of days
it has been since the sales rep placed the prospect. If my description
is confusing here is an example.

Date Entered Priority Days In Phase 1
8/15/09 1 5 (If Todays
date is 8/20/09)