Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default editing a form and emailing without saving

Is it possible to open a form (created in excel) and make edits to the form
and forward the form to another user to make edits without actually saving
the form to your hard drive?

The form that I have created has a macro that when clicked will
automatically populates the cells next to it with the users name and the
current date (electronic signature) that cannot be changed once the user
clicks on the button. I want the next person that receives the form as an
email attachment to be able to open the form, click on their level of
approval without having to save the form to their hard drive and email the
form to the next approver. Is that at all possible. Thanks and HELP......
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

did you try it?
i didn't know the answer either, so i modified an unsaved blank
worksheet/workbook (colored some cells) & emailed it without saving
it. it came through ok, although it automatically came thru with the
extension .xlsx (2007).
so all i can say is try it out.
susan