Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count based on multiple criteria

Hi,

You could use a pivot table. Drag date and user ID to the row area, drag
user id once again the data area (to get the count). Now click on any cell
in the date column and on the pivot table toolbar, go to Group and Show
detail Group Days Type 7 in the box

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"birdey" wrote in message
I have a workbook that has multiple worksheets. On one worksheet ('Chart
Details') I have the following. Column A represents the date that a
ticket
was closed and Column B indicates that userid of the technician that
closed
the ticket. I need a formula that will calcluate the number of closed
tickets by technician by week. On the other worksheet ('Chart Data') I
have
to reflect how many tickets each technician closed per week (e.g.,
06/01/09 -
06/07/09, 06/08/09 - 06/14/09, etc.)

A B
2 06/01/09 CG52
3 06/02/09 CG52
4 06/05/09 X72Z
5 06/06/09 HD54
6 06/08/09 CG52
7 06/10/09 X72Z
8 06/11/09 CG52
9 06/11/09 X72Z

So, my formula I need to reflect the following

Week UserID # of
Closed
tickets
06/01/09 - 06/07/09 CG52 2