Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SCP SCP is offline

Default Function Problem

Well, I'll start it to what I have so far, but I need one last improvement to
the formula to make it true, and I keep getting errors.

=IF(A14*G14<0.5,L14,(A14*G14))

I want it to multiply A x G
if the sum is less then .5 then to carry over the number from L
BUT if it's less than .5 but greater than L then to multiply it out

Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think this is what you wanted...

If A*G <0.5: If A*GL, then display L, else display A*G

=IF(A14*G14<0.5,IF(A14*G14L14,A14*G14,L14),"")

What happens if A14*G14 is greater than 0.5?
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Scp" wrote:

Well, I'll start it to what I have so far, but I need one last improvement to
the formula to make it true, and I keep getting errors.

=IF(A14*G14<0.5,L14,(A14*G14))

I want it to multiply A x G
if the sum is less then .5 then to carry over the number from L
BUT if it's less than .5 but greater than L then to multiply it out

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SCP SCP is offline

Now I see why you asked that. Okay, there's a problem, but now I know why
you asked that at the end. I want it to multiply like normal if it's over .5

Hope this helps to figure out my problem. This formula is correct except
for if it's over .5, it's giving me a blank there.

"Scp" wrote:

Well, I'll start it to what I have so far, but I need one last improvement to
the formula to make it true, and I keep getting errors.

=IF(A14*G14<0.5,L14,(A14*G14))

I want it to multiply A x G
if the sum is less then .5 then to carry over the number from L
BUT if it's less than .5 but greater than L then to multiply it out

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So really, only display L if A*G <0.5 AND A*G L?
=IF(AND(A14*G14<0.5,A14*G14L14),L14,A14*G14)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M