Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can VLOOKUP return a formula??

Iriemon;455133 Wrote:
Can a VLOOKUP return a formula rather than a value?

If not, is there any function that will return a formula?

I have a spreadsheet where depending on certain criteria, I need to use
different formula. Unfortunately, I have 58 "rules" (criteria) I need
to test
for to determine which formula to utilize. Right now I am performing
calculations for all 58 rules in a table on a separate worksheet and
then
using a macro to bring in each part number, perform the calculations,
do a
VLOOKUP and then return the correct result to the master worksheet.
With
17,000 + rows, it is taking a bit of time to do.

Any suggestions on how to speed this up would be great!

Irie!

It might be easier to evaluate the criteria for all the formula
somewhere on the side.. and assign each result to a value you want to
look up and then use a Vlookup or similar to extract the proper result
from the list of results...

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.

NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=125987