Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditional formatting on sales percentage

I require a formula that if cell A2 has the cost of buying clothes. Cell B2
has the cost when selling clothes. If the cost of A2 (selling the clothes) is
< 40 % of B2 (selling the clothes) I would like a conditional format to have
cell A2 turn red. Hence, If sales on the clothes is 60 % of buying the
clothes have a conditional format that will turn cell A2 green.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Not very sure on your logics as posted, but for these lines
If the cost of A2 (selling the clothes) is < 40 % of B2
.. I would like a conditional format to have cell A2 turn red

you could try it as
Apply CF with A2 selected, using Formula Is:
=AND(A2<40%*B2,A2<"",B2<"")
Format as red ok out
--
Max