Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Coping Cross Tab Formulas

I have a workbook that contains 1 tab for each day of the month and a status
tab that I want some of the info on the individual tabs to roll up to. On
the status tab I have a row that has 31 columns and I want to populate each
cell in the row with info from 12 of the tabs but each cell needs to read
from a different tab. The cells are the same order as the tabs. I know how
to build the formula in each cell individually but is it possible to copy
from one cell to the next (click and drag) the formula and have the tabs in
the formula to progress with each cell?

I hope that is not too confusing

--
Bigm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How are the cells named? If you have 1, 2, 3 etc for days of the
month, then you can put this in the first cell:

=INDIRECT("'"&COLUMN(A1)&"'!A1")

assuming you want to get the data from cell A1. Then you can copy this
across the row to get data from the same cell for each day's sheet. If
you wanted to sum 12 cells from the first sheet, then you could do
this:

=SUM(INDIRECT("'"&COLUMN(A1)&"'!A1:A12"))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 15, 7:58*pm, Marty wrote:
I have a workbook that contains 1 tab for each day of the month and a status
tab that I want some of the info on the individual tabs to roll up to. *On
the status tab I have a row that has 31 columns and I want to populate each
cell in the row with info from 12 of the tabs but each cell needs to read
from a different tab. *The cells are the same order as the tabs. *I know how
to build the formula in each cell individually but is it possible to copy
from one cell to the next (click and drag) the formula and have the tabs in
the formula to progress with each cell?

I hope that is not too confusing

--
Bigm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome, Marty - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Aug 15, 9:33*pm, Marty wrote:
Thank you very much!
--
Bigm

On Aug 15, 7:58 pm, Marty wrote:
I have a workbook that contains 1 tab for each day of the month and a status
tab that I want some of the info on the individual tabs to roll up to.. *On
the status tab I have a row that has 31 columns and I want to populate each
cell in the row with info from 12 of the tabs but each cell needs to read
from a different tab. *The cells are the same order as the tabs. *I know how
to build the formula in each cell individually but is it possible to copy
from one cell to the next (click and drag) the formula and have the tabs in
the formula to progress with each cell?

I hope that is not too confusing

--
Bigm- Hide quoted text -