Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Value on horizontal axis

How do I change the value on the horizontal axis in a X-Y graph so that it
follows the example below?

X-axis Y-value
0.00 2
0.25 4
0.50 6
0.75 8
1.00 10
1.25 12

In the current form, the graph shows the X-axis going from {1;2;3;4;5;6;7}.
I want to change these values to {0.00; 0.25; 0.50; 0.75; 1.00; 1.25}. I use
Excel 2007. How do I do that?
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sound like you are using a LINE chart not an XY chart
When the first column has numbers AND a header (like X-Axis), then a Line
chart plots two data series
with categories 1,2,3...

Solution 1: delete any text above the 0.00 entry and remake a Line chart
Solution 2: make an XY chart; you may need to adjust the axis scale to get
major ticks at every 0.25

best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"alice" wrote in message
How do I change the value on the horizontal axis in a X-Y graph so that it
follows the example below?

X-axis Y-value
0.00 2
0.25 4
0.50 6
0.75 8
1.00 10
1.25 12

In the current form, the graph shows the X-axis going from
{1;2;3;4;5;6;7}.
I want to change these values to {0.00; 0.25; 0.50; 0.75; 1.00; 1.25}. I
use
Excel 2007. How do I do that?
etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Aug 13, 9:27 pm, alice wrote:
How do I change the value on the horizontal axis in a X-Y graph so that it
follows the example below?

X-axis Y-value
0.00 2
0.25 4
0.50 6
0.75 8
1.00 10
1.25 12

In the current form, the graph shows the X-axis going from {1;2;3;4;5;6;7}.
I want to change these values to {0.00; 0.25; 0.50; 0.75; 1.00; 1.25}. I use
Excel 2007. How do I do that?
etc.

Alice,

on http://peltiertech.com/ you will find lots of information on axis-
manipulations. Maybe Rob Bovey's free addon XY Chart Labeler,
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm helps.

Have fun, cheers
Michael