Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lmh lmh is offline

Default Excel 2007 Formula troubles

I use a workbook with a Master worksheet and 12 worksheets broken out by
month. I would like to be able to make a change in the master worksheet and
have the same change occur in the other worksheets. There is no adding
multiplying, etc just a simple change in one cell to be followed by changing
the other worksheets. Is this possible? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am not sure whether this will work; since you havent mentioned what change
you are going to do...but try the below

Right click on the shee tabSelect all Keeping the selection do the change
in one of the sheets

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"lmh" wrote:

I use a workbook with a Master worksheet and 12 worksheets broken out by
month. I would like to be able to make a change in the master worksheet and
have the same change occur in the other worksheets. There is no adding
multiplying, etc just a simple change in one cell to be followed by changing
the other worksheets. Is this possible? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Aug 13, 10:54*am, lmh wrote:
I use a workbook with a Master worksheet and 12 worksheets broken out by
month. *I would like to be able to make a change in the master worksheet and
have the same change occur in the other worksheets. *There is no adding
multiplying, etc just a simple change in one cell to be followed by changing
the other worksheets. *Is this possible? Thanks

What change are you trying to make? Formula change (are all of the
sheets linked?)? Or a Formatting change?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lmh lmh is offline

Thanks for your suggestion.Yes will work if you want to change the same cell
in every sheet. I have to change the dollar amount on Master worksheet cell
E3. I need that changeto follow through on the other worksheets but in
different locations on those other worksheets. Example: master sheet cell E3
must match sheet1!C3,sheet2!D3,sheet3!F3,sheet4!H3

"lmh" wrote:

I use a workbook with a Master worksheet and 12 worksheets broken out by
month. I would like to be able to make a change in the master worksheet and
have the same change occur in the other worksheets. There is no adding
multiplying, etc just a simple change in one cell to be followed by changing
the other worksheets. Is this possible? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could link those cells back to E3 on the Master sheet with this
formula:

=Master!$E$3

Just copy into the appropriate cells of each sheet.

Alternatively, you could apply a name to Master!E3 (eg Fred), and then
in those other cells you just need to put:

=Fred

Hope this helps.

Pete

"lmh" wrote:

I use a workbook with a Master worksheet and 12 worksheets broken out by
month. *I would like to be able to make a change in the master worksheet and
have the same change occur in the other worksheets. *There is no adding
multiplying, etc just a simple change in one cell to be followed by changing
the other worksheets. *Is this possible? Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lmh lmh is offline

I have to change the dollar amount on Master worksheet cell
E3. I need that change to follow through on the other worksheets but in
different locations on the other worksheets. Example: master sheet cell E3
must match sheet1!C3,sheet2!D3,sheet3!F3,sheet4!H3
Thanks