Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel formulas - comparing adjacent cells

In a worksheet, I have a row of variable data which I want to compare against
one of a number of other rows containing the fixed data. The work sheet is
filtered, so while the comparison is for adjacent rows, there may be hidden
rows between the two rows to be compared. For example, row 1 contains the
variable data and rows 2 to 20 contain the fixed data. The filtering will
always leave two rows, 1 and 2, or 1 and 7 or 1 and 17 or other combination
of 1 and any row from 2 - 20, the remainder being hidden. Can anyway provide
a formula that will achieve this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan