Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to calculate productivity over hours spent

I have a data like below, where i am calculating productivity on daily basis
for all employees and am spending more tiime on this. Please help me, is
there any formula to calculate productivity per hour.

Emp Production HrsWorked Productivity p/hr
A 7000 13:15 ?
B 6500 11:10 ?
C 6800 12:30 ?
D 7100 10:58 ?

Thanks in advance.
Balaji
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The "trick" knowing that Excel stores time as a fraction of a day
So if the first set of data is in row 2 then =B2/C2 will give the wrong
answer while =B2/(C2*24) will give the correct answer. However, Excel might
be over helpful and format this a time, so use the Format Painter to copy
B2's format to D2; or just format the cell with the Format dialog.
Now you can copy the formula down the column
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

--

"Balaji" wrote in message
I have a data like below, where i am calculating productivity on daily
basis
for all employees and am spending more tiime on this. Please help me, is
there any formula to calculate productivity per hour.

Emp Production HrsWorked Productivity p/hr
A 7000 13:15 ?
B 6500 11:10 ?
C 6800 12:30 ?
D 7100 10:58 ?

Thanks in advance.
Balaji

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If by 13:15 you mean 13 hours, 15 minutes, then:

=B1/(24*C1) should display 528.30

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200860

"Balaji" wrote:

I have a data like below, where i am calculating productivity on daily basis
for all employees and am spending more tiime on this. Please help me, is
there any formula to calculate productivity per hour.

Emp Production HrsWorked Productivity p/hr
A 7000 13:15 ?
B 6500 11:10 ?
C 6800 12:30 ?
D 7100 10:58 ?

Thanks in advance.
Balaji

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you so much for your help, It is really helpful to me to avoid earlier
my manual calculations.
Once again thank you.

Balaji

"Balaji" wrote:

I have a data like below, where i am calculating productivity on daily basis
for all employees and am spending more tiime on this. Please help me, is
there any formula to calculate productivity per hour.

Emp Production HrsWorked Productivity p/hr
A 7000 13:15 ?
B 6500 11:10 ?
C 6800 12:30 ?
D 7100 10:58 ?

Thanks in advance.
Balaji

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you so much for help. This is really helpful to me to avoid my manual
calculations now itself.

Once again Thank you.

Balaji