Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Rolling Week

Day Date A B C D E T Tue 11.08.2009 6 6 0 0 0 12
Wed 12.08.2009 4 2 0 1 1 8
Thu 13.08.2009 6 0 0 2 0 8
Fri 14.08.2009 4 6 5 0 0 15
Sat 15.08.2009 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 16.08.2009 0 0 0 0 0 0
Mon 17.08.2009 5 0 0 0 0 5

I have a table similar to the one above. It is a 7 day working plan and is a
rolling plan also e.g. after tues will go to the bottom for next week etc etc.

I've managed to get the days and dates to "roll" by using the =TODAY()
function annd +1 +2 etc but I was wondering if anyone could help me with the
rest of the data? It would be great if the data would follow the day it
linked to and the last days data all appear as zero. Anyone have any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

teo410 wrote:
Day Date A B C D E T Tue 11.08.2009 6 6 0 0 0 12
Wed 12.08.2009 4 2 0 1 1 8
Thu 13.08.2009 6 0 0 2 0 8
Fri 14.08.2009 4 6 5 0 0 15
Sat 15.08.2009 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sun 16.08.2009 0 0 0 0 0 0
Mon 17.08.2009 5 0 0 0 0 5

I have a table similar to the one above. It is a 7 day working plan and is a
rolling plan also e.g. after tues will go to the bottom for next week etc etc.

I've managed to get the days and dates to "roll" by using the =TODAY()
function annd +1 +2 etc but I was wondering if anyone could help me with the
rest of the data? It would be great if the data would follow the day it
linked to and the last days data all appear as zero. Anyone have any ideas?

Use a separate worksheet for the data entry, set up just as above but
with /static/ dates--no TODAY() formula. Add a new row for each date.
This worksheet will grow over time. Delete old rows if you wish, but
this isn't necessary. Let's call this your data table.

Then use your idea above to set up the rolling 7-day window to your data
table. The values A, B, C, etc. can be obtained from the data table by
using VLOOKUP.

Now when TODAY changes, the window will automatically fetch the
appropriate values from the data table.