Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default if then statement to return text from cells satisfying condition

HI, I need to check the contents of 29 columns and return the text
values of all the non-zero cells in that row.I am trying to run an if-
then statement to acheive the following:

if (B1:AD1 1, (return the text within the cells as multiple strings
separated by commas),0)
I need help on how to acheive this result. I tried concatenation but
it wasn't working out.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Download the free Morefunc.xll addin from he
http://download.cnet.com/Morefunc/30...-10423159.html

and use this formula:

=SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(MCONCAT(IF(ISTEXT(A1:G1),A1:G1,"" )," "))," ",",")

which must be confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER not just ENTER... after
you have adjusted the ranges to suit.

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.

NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=123925

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

After you enter the formula, you need to hold the CTRL and SHIFT keys
down and then press ENTER.. You should see { } brackets appear around
the formula.. and the result should be visible in the cell.

Savvy;447518 Wrote:
I tried doing this and the resulting cell looks blank. Should I be
running any of the extra functions that I added in, for this to work?
On Aug 10, 9:59 am, NBVC wrote:
Download the free Morefunc.xll addin from he'Morefunc - Free

software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com'
(http://download.cnet.com/Morefunc/30...-10423159.html)

and use this formula:

=SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(MCONCAT(IF(ISTEXT(A1:G1),A1:G1,"" )," "))," ",",")

which must be confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER not just ENTER...

after
you have adjusted the ranges to suit.

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.

'The Code Cage' ('The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft

Office Discussion' (http://www.thecodecage.com))

NBVC's Profile:'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: NBVC'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/members/nbvc.html)
View this thread:'if then statement to return text from cells

satisfying condition - The Code Cage Forums'
(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=123925)

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.

NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=123925

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks. It worked!