Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Extracting week number from Today() function

Hi guys.

Is there a string I can enter into a cell that shows the week of the
year based on the current day?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How do you count your week numbers? Is Week 1 from January 1st to January
7th? Or is it from the first Sunday of the year (that is, the Sunday of the
week contain January 1st) to that Saturday?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"BillyPilgrim" wrote in
message ...
Hi guys.

Is there a string I can enter into a cell that shows the week of the
year based on the current day?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Read this:

Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"BillyPilgrim" wrote in
message ...
Hi guys.

Is there a string I can enter into a cell that shows the week of the
year based on the current day?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:03:19 -0400, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:

How do you count your week numbers? Is Week 1 from January 1st to January
7th? Or is it from the first Sunday of the year (that is, the Sunday of the
week contain January 1st) to that Saturday?

Nevermind. I have got it.

What I did not need is a someone that was going to come back and give
me anything but an answer, and one, which in your case, looks as if all
you did was a help file hunt and noticed the difference between two
systems (or maybe you are from *over there*, in which case you should
always examine the country of the requestor.

I hope that in the future, before you hit the send key, you actually
look to see if you in any way actually provided the questioner with
anything that resembles a valid answer.

Also, since you appear to be less than complete, there are three
different "first day of week" instances in the Euro system that apply,
depending on the year, not just the first Sunday of the year with Jan 1.

Thanks for not answering the question. Do you do this with every bit
of "assistance" you provide?

Simply put, it was the wrong way to "help", and you should reconsider
such practices in the future, because they are counter-productive, at
best. You would be better off just waiting for those that ARE actually
going to provide useful answers before you pepper the query thread with
your peanut gallery side tid bits.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My, my. A very impressive rant. If you put as much effort into finding
solutions, I'm sure you'd save yourself a lot of time and effort.

I'll remember not to try to help you out, as I don't want to be the subject
of a similar flame.

Regards,
Fred

"BillyPilgrim" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The thing I didn't understand about his rant was... he clearly posted a
question that didn't contain enough information to give him the solution he
was asking for and then, when I posted a response trying to get the
necessary information in order to try and help him, he went ballistic on me.
It's hard for me to believe he still didn't realize that he didn't supply
enough information when he posted his rant, but I guess he didn't since he
included in his rant this...

"What I did not need is a someone that was going to
come back and give me anything but an answer..."

and this...

"Thanks for not answering the question"

On top of that, the bulk of his rant shows he doesn't understand the
significance of the MVP designation (that Microsoft was kind enough to
bestow on me) which I include in my signature line. Anyway, it doesn't
matter... he will not have to put up with my responses to his questions in
the future as I have added him to my newsreader's Blocked Sender list (he's
the first person I've had to do that to in my over 10 years of volunteering
to answer questions on newsgroups), so hopefully I won't see any more
message posted by him in the future.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)