Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is there a Hyperlink fxn - To 'seperatefile.xlsx' - worksheet - ce

I am looking to connect one file 'seperatefile.xlsx' to another cell in
another file 'anotherfile.xlsx' with seperate worksheets. Is this possible?

Connect one cell to another cell from two seperate files with 5 worksheets
each.
--
Bobbi-Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bobbie-Joe,

If you are talking about making a hyperlink in a cell so it will open
another worksheet, you can select a cell and right click, select
"Hyperlink..." then select "Existing File or Web Page" in the left-hand pane.
Navigate to your other spreadsheet.

If you are looking for the contents of the cell in the second spreadsheet to
display in the cell in the first spreasheet put this in the cell in the first
spreadsheet:

='[anotherfile.xlsx]sheet1'!A1

Replace Sheet1 and the cell reference with your sheet and cell.

An easy way to determine what to put in the cell is to open both
spreadsheets. In the first spreadsheet select a cell and then select the
AUTOSUM function, then select the cell on the 2nd spreadsheet and hit enter.
It will display the path in the formula on the first spreadsheet so just
remove the word "SUM" from the formula.

Let me know if this is right for you.

Squeaky

"Bobbi-Joe" wrote:

I am looking to connect one file 'seperatefile.xlsx' to another cell in
another file 'anotherfile.xlsx' with seperate worksheets. Is this possible?

Connect one cell to another cell from two seperate files with 5 worksheets
each.
--
Bobbi-Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is there a Hyperlink fxn - To 'seperatefile.xlsx' - worksheet

The information given does work, but unfortunately, not for what I am trying
to do. I am trying to link the two cells. Which the second helpful hint
does. But I am also trying to Hyperlink the cell in one spreadsheet to
another cell in the other spreadsheet. So I can click on the cell and link
to the other spreadsheets information. One sheet is energy consumption the
other is accounts payable. Two large databases that I am trying to connect
through one simple baseline. I hope this explains my question better. Is
there a way to hyperlink to another spreadsheets cell, simply by clicking the
cell in the original spreadsheet.
--
Bobbi-Joe

"Bobbi-Joe" wrote:

I am looking to connect one file 'seperatefile.xlsx' to another cell in
another file 'anotherfile.xlsx' with seperate worksheets. Is this possible?

Connect one cell to another cell from two seperate files with 5 worksheets
each.
--
Bobbi-Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bobbi-Joe,

I am trying to understand what this other cell does. When you click the cell
on the first spreadsheet, what exaclty is supposed to happen? Run me through
it.