Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I change weekends from Sat, Sun to Fri, Sat in networkdays

I want to use the Networkdays function to get the working days between two
dates. But in my case I want to make Firday and Saturday as weekend rather
than Saturday and Sunday. Is it possible.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Suresh

The syntax for NETWORKDAYS() do not provide a customization on the weekdays
straightaway. The below formula use WEEKDAY() function to get the number of
working days (inclusive of start and end days) excluding Friday and Saturdays

A1 = start date
B1 = end date

=SUMPRODUCT(INT((B1-A1+WEEKDAY(A1-{1,2,3,4,5}))/7))

The days to be counted are mentioned in the array {1,2,3,4,5}. To count Sat
and Sun add the day numbers {6,7}

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Suresh" wrote:

I want to use the Networkdays function to get the working days between two
dates. But in my case I want to make Firday and Saturday as weekend rather
than Saturday and Sunday. Is it possible.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I change weekends from Sat, Sun to Fri, Sat in networkd

Correction to
<<<To count Sat and Sun add the day numbers {6,7}

shoud have been
To count Fri and Sat add the day numbers {6,7}

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Suresh" wrote:

I want to use the Networkdays function to get the working days between two
dates. But in my case I want to make Firday and Saturday as weekend rather
than Saturday and Sunday. Is it possible.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=SUMPRODUCT(1*(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(C5&":"&C6)))<6 ))

C5 holds the beg date and C6 holds the ending date

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

Weekends JRD Excel Worksheet Functions 6 June 30th 09 05:06 PM
Removing holidays and weekends , networkdays amyk1313 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 30th 06 05:29 PM
Removing holidays and weekends , networkdays amyk1313 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 30th 06 05:17 PM
Ignoring weekends & holidays-NETWORKDAYS? chaminod Excel Worksheet Functions 9 January 27th 06 09:57 PM
Use networkdays INCLUDE weekends, Exclude holidays ronnomad Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 16th 05 04:55 PM