Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup ?

I have 1000 names on sheet data 1! Column H
On sheet data 2! I have all the same names in Column H, except 2 are missing
( only 998 names)

Can I do a Vlookups in column Z of either/or both sheets that would show
what names are missing ? I'm trying to reconcile two differernt data sources.

Something like -- If same names are on both sheets,"", if Not "ALERT" or the
actual name would be ok too.

And vice-versa, if name on data 2! but not on data 1!

Much thanks,

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could try:

Assuming the list of 998 names is in column A, starting in row 1 of sheet 2.
Also assuming the full list of 1000 names is in column A of sheet 1.
Starting in cell B1:

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000,A1)0,"","Alert")

"Steve" wrote:

I have 1000 names on sheet data 1! Column H
On sheet data 2! I have all the same names in Column H, except 2 are missing
( only 998 names)

Can I do a Vlookups in column Z of either/or both sheets that would show
what names are missing ? I'm trying to reconcile two differernt data sources.

Something like -- If same names are on both sheets,"", if Not "ALERT" or the
actual name would be ok too.

And vice-versa, if name on data 2! but not on data 1!

Much thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't think I explained what I was tryting to achieve clearly.
See below:
In sheet A - 5 names, All in column H. In sheet B, 4 names, All in column H.
A-H B-H Z
Montana Brown ""
Rice Rice ""
Sayers Peyton ""
Peyton Montana ""
Brown Sayers is missing( from B)

One name is missing from sheet B, and I'd like that name to show in Column Z
like above. Names will not be in the same rows on each sheet. What formula
can be entered in Col. Z to achieve that result ?
if (same names on both sheets ,"", "the name that's missing")

And vise-versa also, such as:

A-H B-H Z
Brown Montana ""
Rice Rice ""