Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default if and vlookup functions

can someone help me. I have 4 tables that have four dirrerent conditions.
i need to return one answer if any of the contions are met. This is what if
have done but it did not work.
=if(c1<=2,and(d1<=13,vlookup(worksheet,if(c1<=2,an d(d1=13,vlookup(worksheet,if(c13,and(d1<=19,vloo kup(worksheet,if(c13,and(d119,vlookUp(worksheet, if(c13and(d119,vlookup(worksheet)))))))))))))
--
Thanks ECF

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Build your formula step by step in different cells. Each cell only one
function. So one cell with a Vlookup, another cell with a Vlookup, a cell
with If, etc.
Once you get it all working correctly, you can integrate the cells into one
large formula, if you absolutely wish to do so. But why should you?

BTW it seems to me that it wouldn't harm you if you looked up the exact
syntax of Vlookup and its different variations in HELP, or in this excellent
tutorial:

Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"ecf123" wrote in message
can someone help me. I have 4 tables that have four dirrerent conditions.
i need to return one answer if any of the contions are met. This is what
if
have done but it did not work.
=if(c1<=2,and(d1<=13,vlookup(worksheet,if(c1<=2,an d(d1=13,vlookup(worksheet,if(c13,and(d1<=19,vloo kup(worksheet,if(c13,and(d119,vlookUp(worksheet, if(c13and(d119,vlookup(worksheet)))))))))))))
--
Thanks ECF

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

worksheet 1 has several columns with # 1-3
c1
1
1
2
3
2
1
3

same worksheet column d1 # from 1-29
d1
1
2
5
16
20
19
18
same worksheet column k1 is a code that I groups the data
k1
c1f1s3
c2f2s1
c1f1s2
s2f1s3
so forth

these codes are in another workhseet and are assigned a dollar amount per
code.
I need to return the $amount that pertains to the code. I have 4 sets
1st groups if column c1 is(1 or 2) and if d1 is (0 - 13), I need to look on
the other wrok sheet to find the amount that corresponds to code in columm
k1. 2nd group if column c1 ( is 1 or 2) and if columm d1( is 14-19) I need to
look on the other wrok sheet to find the amount that corresponds to code in
columm k1. 3rd group if column c1 is (3 or more) and column d1 is (0-13) I
need to look on the other wrok sheet to find the amount that corresponds to
code in columm k1. 4rd group if column c1 is (3 or more) and column d1 is
(14-19) I need to look on the other wrok sheet to find the amount that
corresponds to code in columm k1.
5th group if column c1 is (3 or more) and column d1 is (20) I need to
look on the other wrok sheet to find the amount that corresponds to code in
columm k1.

Hope this helps
--
Thanks ECF