Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default number of week days in a period of time

Hi All,

How do I count number of week days between to dates? (ex: one cell date is 1
July 2009, the other cell has a value of 30 July 2009... if I count manually
it seems like there are 20-21 week days)

I appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
try

=NETWORKDAYS(D9,E9)

change range to fit your needs

"Erol" wrote:

Hi All,

How do I count number of week days between to dates? (ex: one cell date is 1
July 2009, the other cell has a value of 30 July 2009... if I count manually
it seems like there are 20-21 week days)

I appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look in HELP for the NETWORKDAYS() function

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Erol" wrote in message
Hi All,

How do I count number of week days between to dates? (ex: one cell date is
1
July 2009, the other cell has a value of 30 July 2009... if I count
manually
it seems like there are 20-21 week days)

I appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With start date in A1 and end date in B1 the below formula will give you the
number of working days inclusive of both dates...

=(B1-WEEKDAY(B1,2)+WEEKDAY(A1,2)-A1)/7*5-MIN(5,WEEKDAY(A1,2))+MIN(5,WEEKDAY(B1,2))+1

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Erol" wrote:

Hi All,

How do I count number of week days between to dates? (ex: one cell date is 1
July 2009, the other cell has a value of 30 July 2009... if I count manually
it seems like there are 20-21 week days)

I appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's one that's a bit shorter (just don't ask me how it works!):

To count the weekdays Monday through Friday between 2 dates (inclusive):

=SUM(INT((WEEKDAY(A1-{2,3,4,5,6})+B1-A1)/7))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP