Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to calculate the number of Workdays for irregular work pattern

I am trying to report on the number of actual workdays between dates,
excluding weekends and Bank Holidays. I can use a modified Networkdays
formula in Excel, but only if the Work pattern is for continuous days of the
week ie: Sunday to Thursday. Problem is that we have staff on work patterns
with non-continuous days ie: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. Any ideas
welcome.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a formula at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/betternetworkdays.aspx that will do
exactly what you want. It allows you to specify anywhere between 0
and 7 days of the week (including non-consecutive days) to omit from
the calculation. It also supports a holiday list, just as NETWORKDAYS
does.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional