Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I need to format a count in a pivot table

I am trying to get a count in a pivot table for items listed on a
spreadhsheet that have the same description.. for instance, I have 3 items
listed as unit number 23, I only want the count to reflect 1 rather than 3...
HOW.....??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There is no in-built facility to count distinct values in pivot tables.
You would have to add a new column to your underlying data.

In the example you've given wouldn't therefore every 'unique' count be
1? Because if there are 1, you want to show 1 and if there *is* only 1
you want to show 1.

In this case if you really want to show this single count add a column
of 1's to your underlying data and add to the data section of the pivot
and choose MIN.

Or have I misunderstood?

Jason
---