Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default display actual value

Hello Excel Community,

I am creating a worksheet and having trouble with a formula which I need the
excel to display the actual value for me.

Here is the i.e. if (line 5 or line 15, whichever is MORE)

A1 = 20 (@ line 5)
A2 = 34 (@ line 15)
B2 = ?

I am using this formula: =IF(a1<=V2, "More","Less")
But I need the actual value showing in B2.

Please help me.

Thank you.
Kenny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, you are mentioning A1, A2, Line 5, Line 15 and V2, so I'm not entirely
sure of what you actually want, but it sounds like the MAX function might be
what you are looking for. For example, if the values you want to compare are
in A1 and A2 and you want to show the maximum value between those to cell's
content, then you would put this in B2...

=MAX(A1,A2)

or, because they are adjacent cells, you could do it this way as well...

=MAX(A1:A2)

The MAX function is not limited to comparing just two values.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)