Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default insert

hello all
I have a column full of data now I want to insert two blank cells in
my column below each cell so that I have two blank cells below every
filled data, please tell me a shortcut as the data is very big and
inserting manually is very tedious.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi, it can be done smarter than this, but run this in a standard module,
dont forget to change any reference to "A" to your actual column.

Code:
--------------------
Sub insertcells()
Dim i As Long, ic As Long
i = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For ic = i To 2 Step -1
With Cells(ic, "A")
.Insert Shift:=xlDown, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove
.Insert Shift:=xlDown, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove
End With
Next ic
End Sub

--------------------

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=116964

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 23:25:17 -0700 (PDT), Rajat Soni
wrote:

hello all
I have a column full of data now I want to insert two blank cells in
my column below each cell so that I have two blank cells below every
filled data, please tell me a shortcut as the data is very big and
inserting manually is very tedious.

If you don't want to use a macro you may try this one:

Assuming your data is in column A starting on row 1,
put this formula in the first row of a free helper column:

=IF(MOD(ROW(),3)=1,OFFSET(A$1,INT(ROW()/3),,),"")

Copy the formula down as far as needed, then copy the column
and "Paste Special/Values" it onto column A. Finally clear the helper
column.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You could also try this. Suppose your data is in range B5:B55. In range
C5"C55, type values from 1-51. Now copy C5:C55 and paste it in C56:C106 and
then in rangeC107:C157.

Now select B5:C157 and sort (in ascending order) on column C.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com