Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP with two sheets

I have two worksheets with thousands of items. I want to ID which assets
were added in 3.2.09 but are now gone 7.1.09.

Only serialized items are of interest.

I am trying to figure out which serial numbers are in both worksheets.
Can you please help.
Thank you in advance for your time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look in the help index for MATCH or VLOOKUP or use a FIND macro
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"C Kreig" wrote in message
I have two worksheets with thousands of items. I want to ID which assets
were added in 3.2.09 but are now gone 7.1.09.

Only serialized items are of interest.

I am trying to figure out which serial numbers are in both worksheets.
Can you please help.
Thank you in advance for your time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Use an unused column for this purpose and enter this formula:

=MATCH(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$100,0)

where A2 is the first serial number to check and Sheet2!$A$2:$A$100 is the
column of other sheet with serial numbers.

Copy the formula down as required. If the formula result is #N/A the serial
number is not on both sheets.

Use an autofilter and filter fo #N/A to see all serial numbers which is only
on this sheet.

This has to be done for the other sheet too.

Hopes this helps.
Per