Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula setting cell type to blank and conditional formatting

I am using an index match formula to evaluate items on a summary sheet based
on data input on other sheets. I am then desiring to create conditional cell
formatting based on the index/match formula of the summary sheet. The data
input sheets are text strings and when I use the index/match formula, the
items are displayed correctly, but when I make the attempt to use a
conditional format rule for the row based on the cell containing the
index/match formula, it seems as if all items are "true" when applying istext
for the "formula is" criteria. Is there any way to use cell type set to blank
on the summary sheet if there is nothing in the data input sheet? How to use
this in conjunction with conditional format on the summary sheet if based on
using istext for 2 columns?