Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default formula setting cell type to blank and conditional formatting

Not enough detail.

I am using an index match formula

The result of an INDEX MATCH formula can be either text or numeric (or an
error). If the result of this formula looks like a number but CF is being
applied using an =ISTEXT(...) formula then the result of the INDEX MATCH
formula is a TEXT value. So, the problem would be the data that the INDEX
MATCH formula is "pulling" from.

Need more detail!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CEG_Staffer" wrote in message
I am using an index match formula to evaluate items on a summary sheet
based
on data input on other sheets. I am then desiring to create conditional
cell
formatting based on the index/match formula of the summary sheet. The data
input sheets are text strings and when I use the index/match formula, the
items are displayed correctly, but when I make the attempt to use a
conditional format rule for the row based on the cell containing the
index/match formula, it seems as if all items are "true" when applying
istext
for the "formula is" criteria. Is there any way to use cell type set to
blank
on the summary sheet if there is nothing in the data input sheet? How to
use
this in conjunction with conditional format on the summary sheet if based
on
using istext for 2 columns?