Hawk186

Default Can the =CELL formula be used to determine the worksheet tab name.

The tab is named '522' and I want '522' to show up in a cell in the worksheet
such as A1. I know that =CELL can be used to get the filenam, but can it be
used to get the tab name? If not, is there another function that will?
JE McGimpsey

Check out

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formu..._function.html

In article ,
"Hawk186" wrote:

The tab is named '522' and I want '522' to show up in a cell in the worksheet
such as A1. I know that =CELL can be used to get the filenam, but can it be
used to get the tab name? If not, is there another function that will?

zackb

You can also use a UDF for this. The CELL function has a known bug (not
sure if MS fixed it or not); generally it will work just fine though. An
example of a worskheet function (UDF) that will accomplish this canbe found
he

http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=401

HTH

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"Hawk186" wrote in message
The tab is named '522' and I want '522' to show up in a cell in the
worksheet
such as A1. I know that =CELL can be used to get the filenam, but can it
be
used to get the tab name? If not, is there another function that will?

ajaworowicz

Did you ever get a specific answer to your question? I'm looking for the
same info.

"Hawk186" wrote:

The tab is named '522' and I want '522' to show up in a cell in the worksheet
such as A1. I know that =CELL can be used to get the filenam, but can it be
used to get the tab name? If not, is there another function that will?

gwexcel

I think you can use this:

=MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("]", CELL("filename", A1))+ 1, 255)

--
gwexcel
gwexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6845