caram

Default How do I import data and display zeros?

I am exporting information out of FileMaker Pro 7 and importing this Data
into Excel 2003. How do I or can I display the zeros that are at the
beginning of the number?
Thank you.

Gord Dibben

caram

You can try pre-formatting the cells in Excel as Text prior to the import.

You could also export the FM Pro output to a text file then open that in
Excel. The Text Import Wizard will allow you to leave the zeros.

Or import to Excel and Custom Format to 000000 or somesuch.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP