Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Price time to cost

Can any one please advise me how I can do the following

In A1 00:27:25 (which is time hh:mm:ss)

In B1 0.488p ( which is the cost)

In C1 - I have to charge the time by the cost but what ever I have done it
does not work the same as doing via a calculator which I do not want to do as
I have over 8,000 in my spread sheet.

The above should come out to 13.29pence

Thank you in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can any one please advise me how I can do the following

In A1 00:27:25 (which is time hh:mm:ss)

In B1 0.488p ( which is the cost)

In C1 - I have to charge the time by the cost but what ever I have done it
does not work the same as doing via a calculator which I do not want to do as
I have over 8,000 in my spread sheet.

The above should come out to 13.29pence - sorry should be £1.329p

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=A1*B1*24*60 comes out as 13.37933333
Why do you say it should be 13.29?
Is one of the numbers rounded?
--
David Biddulph

"Linda" wrote in message
Can any one please advise me how I can do the following

In A1 00:27:25 (which is time hh:mm:ss)

In B1 0.488p ( which is the cost)

In C1 - I have to charge the time by the cost but what ever I have done
it
does not work the same as doing via a calculator which I do not want to do
as
I have over 8,000 in my spread sheet.

The above should come out to 13.29pence

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

=A1*B1*24*60

or in short:

=A1*B1*1440

The result will be: 13.38p

Hopes this helps.
Per

"Linda" skrev i meddelelsen
Can any one please advise me how I can do the following

In A1 00:27:25 (which is time hh:mm:ss)

In B1 0.488p ( which is the cost)

In C1 - I have to charge the time by the cost but what ever I have done
it
does not work the same as doing via a calculator which I do not want to do
as
I have over 8,000 in my spread sheet.

The above should come out to 13.29pence

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Linda" wrote:
In A1 00:27:25 (which is time hh:mm:ss)
In B1 0.488p ( which is the cost)
In C1 - I have to charge the time by the cost
[....]
The above should come out to 13.29pence

I assume B1 is cost per minute; and I assume B1 actually contains the number
0.488. Then C1 is:

=A1*B1*1440

or better:

=round(A1*B1*1440,2)

But with those numbers, I get about 13.38, not 13.29. Is 13.29 a mistake?

Explanation: time (hh:mm:ss) is stored as a fraction of a day. Convert to
minutes by multiplying by the number of minutes in a day, namely 24*60
(1440).

If A1*B1*1440 does not work for you, it might be because B1 does not have
the cost as a number. If so, please clarify in a follow-up for additional
guidance.

Can any one please advise me how I can do the following

In A1 00:27:25 (which is time hh:mm:ss)

In B1 0.488p ( which is the cost)

In C1 - I have to charge the time by the cost but what ever I have done
it
does not work the same as doing via a calculator which I do not want to do
as
I have over 8,000 in my spread sheet.

The above should come out to 13.29pence

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote:
=A1*B1*24*60 comes out as 13.37933333
Why do you say it should be 13.29?
Is one of the numbers rounded?

I don't think rounding can explain it. Even 00:27:24.5 at 0.4875 is about
13.36.

"Linda" wrote in message
Can any one please advise me how I can do the following

In A1 00:27:25 (which is time hh:mm:ss)

In B1 0.488p ( which is the cost)

In C1 - I have to charge the time by the cost but what ever I have done
it
does not work the same as doing via a calculator which I do not want to
do as
I have over 8,000 in my spread sheet.

The above should come out to 13.29pence

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your quick response as I was pulling my hair out at the work I was
being faced with €“ and yes, I rushed to do the question I got the figure wrong

Thanks again - I can now go on holiday with my work done all thanks to you €“
the site is so supportive and what you guys do to help others is tremendous

"Linda" wrote in message
Can any one please advise me how I can do the following

In A1 00:27:25 (which is time hh:mm:ss)

In B1 0.488p ( which is the cost)

In C1 - I have to charge the time by the cost but what ever I have done
it
does not work the same as doing via a calculator which I do not want to do
as
I have over 8,000 in my spread sheet.

The above should come out to 13.29pence

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your quick response as I was pulling my hair out at the work I was
being faced with €“ and yes, I rushed to do the question I got the figure wrong

Thanks again - I can now go on holiday with my work done all thanks to you €“
the site is so supportive and what you guys do to help others is tremendous

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi

=A1*B1*24*60

or in short: