Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smp smp is offline

Default Unhiding rows in Excel 2007

I need help figuring out how to unhide certain rows. The worksheet isn't
locked, the freeze frame function is off and there are no locked cells.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the a row above and a row below the hiding rows, press "Ctrl+Shift+("
to unhide rows

"smp" wrote:

I need help figuring out how to unhide certain rows. The worksheet isn't
locked, the freeze frame function is off and there are no locked cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Shift select the rows on either side of the hidden rows, right click the
selection and click on Unhide on the popup menu that appears.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"smp" wrote in message
I need help figuring out how to unhide certain rows. The worksheet isn't
locked, the freeze frame function is off and there are no locked cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smp smp is offline

Sorry but I'm new to key shortcuts. "Ctrl+Shift+(" isn't working.
"Ctrl+Shift++" unhides a row but it also adds moves the hidden rows down.

"smp" wrote:

I need help figuring out how to unhide certain rows. The worksheet isn't
locked, the freeze frame function is off and there are no locked cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smp smp is offline

Also, hiding rows using the pop up feature does not allow me to unhide using
the pop up feature. Totally frustrated.

"smp" wrote:

I need help figuring out how to unhide certain rows. The worksheet isn't
locked, the freeze frame function is off and there are no locked cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It works for me. You did leave the Shift key depressed while you clicked on
both row *headers* (that is, the row numbers) so that those two rows became
selected in their entirety, right?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"smp" wrote in message
That isn't working.

"smp" wrote in message
I need help figuring out how to unhide certain rows. The worksheet
isn't
locked, the freeze frame function is off and there are no locked
cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smp smp is offline

Yep, I did that. Didn't work. See Teethless mama's suggestion and my
response. It didn't really work either but came close. Any suggestions
along the lines of keyboard shortcuts?

smp

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

It works for me. You did leave the Shift key depressed while you clicked on
both row *headers* (that is, the row numbers) so that those two rows became
selected in their entirety, right?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"smp" wrote in message
That isn't working.

"smp" wrote in message
I need help figuring out how to unhide certain rows. The worksheet
isn't
locked, the freeze frame function is off and there are no locked
cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you post the workbook somewhere where we can download it in order to
look at it directly? If not, you can email it to me if you want (remove the
NO.SPAM stuff from my email address) and I will be happy to see if I can
figure out why the procedures we have outlined for you are not working.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

It works for me. You did leave the Shift key depressed while you clicked
on
both row *headers* (that is, the row numbers) so that those two rows
became
selected in their entirety, right?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"smp" wrote in message
That isn't working.

"smp" wrote in message
I need help figuring out how to unhide certain rows. The worksheet
isn't
locked, the freeze frame function is off and there are no locked
cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smp smp is offline

I finally figured it out. The rows weren't hidden; they were shrunk down to
invisible. Selecting the affected row(s) by highlighting the entire row above
and below and positioning the cursor so that it reading the height of a row
and then double clicking restored the rows to their default height.

Thanks so much.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

It works for me. You did leave the Shift key depressed while you clicked
on
both row *headers* (that is, the row numbers) so that those two rows
became
selected in their entirety, right?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)