-   -   Calculate Minutes elapset between two cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/236255-calculate-minutes-elapset-between-two-cells.html)

bazsil,73

Calculate Minutes elapset between two cells

Lookikng for an easy way to calculate the minutes elapsed between two cells.

The minutes will elapse over different days.

A1 = 7/7/2009 7:00:00 AM
A2 = 8/8/2009 7:00:00 AM

A3 = (the function I need) (should be 1440)

Luke M

Calculate Minutes elapset between two cells

I think your example is wrong, as there are way more than 1440 minutes in a 1
month span. Assuming you meant 7/8/2009 as second date:

=(A2-A1)*1440

1440 minutes/day = 24 hrs/day * 60 minutes/hr

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"bazsil,73" wrote:

Lookikng for an easy way to calculate the minutes elapsed between two cells.

The minutes will elapse over different days.

A1 = 7/7/2009 7:00:00 AM
A2 = 8/8/2009 7:00:00 AM

A3 = (the function I need) (should be 1440)

David Biddulph[_2_]

Calculate Minutes elapset between two cells

=(A2-A1)*24*60 but the answer is 46080, not 1440. The dates are 32 days
apart, not 1 day.
--
David Biddulph

"bazsil,73" wrote in message

Lookikng for an easy way to calculate the minutes elapsed between two
cells.

The minutes will elapse over different days.

A1 = 7/7/2009 7:00:00 AM
A2 = 8/8/2009 7:00:00 AM

A3 = (the function I need) (should be 1440)

bazsil,73

Calculate Minutes elapset between two cells

You are correct in my mistake with the example....thanks.

"bazsil,73" wrote in message

Lookikng for an easy way to calculate the minutes elapsed between two
cells.

The minutes will elapse over different days.

A1 = 7/7/2009 7:00:00 AM
A2 = 8/8/2009 7:00:00 AM

A3 = (the function I need) (should be 1440)

bazsil,73

Calculate Minutes elapset between two cells

I was having trouble getting the functions reslult to display properly but
when I formulated it as a "general" type cell it works perfect.

Thanks again.