Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Any way to change generic icons in quick access toolbar?

I have no trouble adding commands I want to the quick access toolbar,
but some have a generic green circle as their icon. At this point I
have 3 of those on my quick access: insert page break, paste values
and clear print area.
2003 Excel you could create your icon, which i did a number of times.
Any way to do this in 2007 Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi Marti

I update the page about it yesterday
Take a look here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

If you have feedback to make it better let me know

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Marti" wrote in message ...
I have no trouble adding commands I want to the quick access toolbar,
but some have a generic green circle as their icon. At this point I
have 3 of those on my quick access: insert page break, paste values
and clear print area.
2003 Excel you could create your icon, which i did a number of times.
Any way to do this in 2007 Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For what its worth, I submitted a bug report on this over 2 years ago, but it
didn't get fixed in the service releases. We will keep our fingers crossed
for version 2010(?).

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Marti" wrote:

I have no trouble adding commands I want to the quick access toolbar,
but some have a generic green circle as their icon. At this point I
have 3 of those on my quick access: insert page break, paste values
and clear print area.
2003 Excel you could create your icon, which i did a number of times.
Any way to do this in 2007 Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jul 6, 4:26*pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
hi Marti

I update the page about it yesterday
Take a look herehttp://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

If you have feedback to make it better let me know

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Marti" wrote in ...
I have no trouble adding commands I want to thequickaccesstoolbar,
but some have a generic green circle as their icon. *At this point I
have 3 of those on myquickaccess: insert page break, paste values
and clear print area.
2003Excelyou could create your icon, which i did a number of times.
Any way to do this in 2007Excel?

Thank you so much Ron. I went to your page, and for this lay computer
person, it looks a bit complicated. I'm going to go over it slowly
and see if I can apply what you said. Is my understanding correct
that you can only make the change using the single workbook
instructions and then using the other instructions to apply the single
workbook changes to all workbooks?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Martha

it looks a bit complicated

Sorry, i have try to make it easy

First make your changes to a single workbook and then Save it as a add-in

Note: You can edit the RibbonX in the workbook before you save it as a add-in or after.

Post back if you need more help