Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rum Rum is offline

Default Custom auto filter (Dates)

Hi,

I am trying to filter a column of dates (Ex: 01-FEB-2009) by using custom
auto filter and when I use condition ( or equal to and < or equal to) I do
not get result.

I tried to change the format of the dates by going to format cells but
nothing changes.

One weird thing happens when I double click on a cell and then click outside
the cell. The date (formatted as Ex-01-FEB-2009) changes to (02/01/2009).

I believe the dates in my data set are as text and not as numbers.

Is there a way that I can make excel read the dates and perform the task?

My data set is approximately 410 rows and 50 columns big with dates in all
the cells.

This data set has been exported to MS Excel from SQL.

Please help.

Best
Rum
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You may need to generate a helper column, and use the formula
=DATEVALUE(A2)
or something similar to convert your text values to numbers, which XL can
then filter on more easily.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M