Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Product Code and Product Description setup

Hello. I have a worksheet that contains one column for Product codes and the
second coloum contains the product description.

How can I set up a system in another worksheet whereby if the product code
is entered into one cell, the corresponding product description is
automatically entered into the cell next to it?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Let's say you have the product code in column A starting in row 2 in sheet 1
and the description in column B, then you want in sheet 2 to populate the
description when product code is entered in cell A3, so in cell B3 in sheet 2
enter

=sumproduct(--(A3=sheet1!$A$1:$A$100),sheet1!$B$1:$B$100)

adjust range to fit you needs but remember the range has to be the same in
both sides of the formula

if you are using excell 2007 use

=sumproduct(--(A3=sheet1!A:A),sheet1!B:B)

"Nastyashman" wrote:

Hello. I have a worksheet that contains one column for Product codes and the
second coloum contains the product description.

How can I set up a system in another worksheet whereby if the product code
is entered into one cell, the corresponding product description is
automatically entered into the cell next to it?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but it does not appear to be working. I
have Excel 2003.

Apparently this has something to do with the 'Lookup' function. I'm not
sure.??

Thanks

"Nastyashman" wrote:

Hello. I have a worksheet that contains one column for Product codes and the
second coloum contains the product description.

How can I set up a system in another worksheet whereby if the product code
is entered into one cell, the corresponding product description is
automatically entered into the cell next to it?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With Product code and description in ColA and ColB of Sheet2

In sheet1 A1 enter a sample product code
In Sheet1 B1 enter the below formula which will lookup the list of codes in
Sheet2 and retrive the product description aganist the code...
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE)

--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Nastyashman" wrote:

Hello. I have a worksheet that contains one column for Product codes and the
second coloum contains the product description.

How can I set up a system in another worksheet whereby if the product code
is entered into one cell, the corresponding product description is
automatically entered into the cell next to it?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
use