Steve Haack

Default Running code on a drop down selection change

I would like to know if it is possible to run a macro when a change in a data
validation drop down happens? I don't want it to run on other changes in the
worksheet, only when a user makes a selection in a data validation drop down.

Thanks,
Steve
Debra Dalgleish

You can use the worksheet_Change event to run the code, and check if a
cell with data validation was changed. There are notes on using this in
different versions of Excel:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Change

And, there are sample workbooks he

For example, under Data Validation, look for 'Data Validation Combobox
Named Lists'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List