DLZ217

Default Ignore #DIV/0!

Can I use an IF function to ignore the #DIV/0 output when making a formula
and if so how and if not what could I use?
JE McGimpsey

One way:

Assuming your existing formula is

=A1/B1

then use

=IF(B1=0,"",A1/B1)

In article ,
DLZ217 wrote:

Can I use an IF function to ignore the #DIV/0 output when making a formula
and if so how and if not what could I use?

Stevie_mac

Something like...

=IF(IsError(A1 / A2), "",A1 / A2)

"DLZ217" wrote in message ...
Can I use an IF function to ignore the #DIV/0 output when making a formula
and if so how and if not what could I use?

Max

One way:

Instead of in say, C1: =A1/B1
use in C1: =IF(ISERROR(A1/B1),"",A1/B1)

--
Rgds
Max
"DLZ217" wrote in message
Can I use an IF function to ignore the #DIV/0 output when making a formula
and if so how and if not what could I use?

Harlan Grove

"DLZ217" wrote...
Can I use an IF function to ignore the #DIV/0 output when making a formula
and if so how and if not what could I use?

You could trap #DIV/0! using

=IF(COUNT(1/(ERROR.TYPE(expression)=2)),"ignore",expression)

but it's generally better to trap the subexpression causing the error, e.g.,
to trap it in averages,

=IF(COUNT(x),AVERAGE(x),"ignore")

and to trap it in denominators,

=IF(N(denominator)<0,numerator/denominator,"ignore")