Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rob Rob is offline

Default Deriving Exactly XXX Amount of Weekdays

Hello,

I'm trying really hard to figure out How I can make a formula that will
accurately 100% of the time give me a number that allows me to ensure that
exactly XXX amount of Weekdays (Monday thru Friday Only) stays constant no
matter what the start day is.

Examples:
Start date = 8/17/2009 or 8/15/2009 or 8/13/2009
# of Days = 10 (But Not including any Sat, Sun, or Start Day)

With the above I am trying to achieve final dates of either -- 8/31/2009 or
8/28/2009 or 8/27/2009 Respectively and in Reversal -- 8/3/2009 or 8/3/2009
or 7/30/2009.

I've tried using Networkdays and variable calculations but for some reason I
cannot get it right. Here's what i have tried...

=NETWORKDAYS($F$16,$F$16+$O4)+1
=NETWORKDAYS($H$15-1,$H$15+$O4)+1

Where F16 & H15 is a start date and O4 is the amount to shift either
backwards or forwards. Either of the cells can hold any date and any amount
of days to count.

Thanks In Advance.
Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You want to use the WORKDAY function, not NETWORKDAYS. Using your examples,
these give the desired results:

=WORKDAY(F16,O4)
=WORKDAY(H15,O4)

Hope this helps,

[...]