Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find/Replace

I have a column of 3600 IDs that I need to find and replace in a table that
has 4 columns and 18000 rows. What kind of a formula that I can create to do
this.
--
Libby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Please show us a small sample of the data in the column and in the table and
explain using that what you want.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Libby" wrote:

I have a column of 3600 IDs that I need to find and replace in a table that
has 4 columns and 18000 rows. What kind of a formula that I can create to do
this.
--
Libby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

These are the records that need to be found

ID CO Type Amount
01890005 405 GAAP 1111.79
01890006 405 GAAP 1615.40
01890007 405 GAAP 4145.56
0243005 110 GAAP 9073.60
025115 110 GAAP 2987282.48
02530024 110 GAAP 37516.00
0250029 110 GAAP 55206.07
2540083 110 GAAP 2620.96
2560038 110 GAAP 9991.69

The following records are the data that they need to be replaced in

ID Co Amount
1874902 110 266466.34
1874903 100 11837.26
1874904 110 46041.97
1874905 110 750.00
1874906 110 13257.74
1874907 100 2788.00
1874908 110 19622.84
1874909 110 13254.00
1890005 405 1111.79
1890006 405 1615.40
1890007 405 4145.56
2430055 110 9073.60
2510015 110 2987282.48
2530024 110 37516.00
2540029 110 57830.10
2540083 110 2607.86

The only difference between the ID's is that the leading 0 is missing in the
data and needs to be added

--
Libby

"Libby" wrote:

I have a column of 3600 IDs that I need to find and replace in a table that
has 4 columns and 18000 rows. What kind of a formula that I can create to do
this.
--
Libby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK, you'll want to use helper columns then.

In, say, Column E, format as text and type ="0"&A2 and paste down.

then, copy and paste this new column on top of your existing column A. Make
sense?