Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trying to make averages AND sums of one spreadsheet of information

At work, I have an assignment to make summaries of spreadsheet data. It's
excel 2002 that I work with.

I'll show you want I'm trying to do by showing the format of these
spreadsheets:

.................| 8/03 | 8/04| 8/05| 8/06 | Average | Sum
10:00am| 9 0 3 2
11:00am| 5 8 6 1
12:00am| 2 3 2 7
1:00pm | 1 3 8 9
Average
Sum

When I try to make the averages going down and going across, it's fine
(since you just highlight the area and click "ave" under the formula menu).
Yet when I click the sum and just highlight the spreadsheet data and the sum
perimeter (without highlighting the average perimeter), I find it doesn't
give the right sums on on side. Instead I'll have to manually correct the
areas to be summed (because it will do something like sum area A8 to A15 when
it was supposed to sum A9 to A15.

I have many spreadsheets to do with the same format as described and I'm
looking for a way to make this process automatic instead of needing to
manually input formulas. I tried doing a pivot chart in excel 2007 at home,
but that didn't work with the excel 2002 program at work. I don't know what
to do here but there must be a way to make the process easier.