Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Macro

I have a set of macros which Changes the case within Excel. This is in my
Personal.xls workbook which is hidden, so the macro won't run

The macro is as follows

Option Explicit
Dim objCell As Object

Sub ChangeCase_Show()
frmCase.Show
End Sub

Sub DoCaseChange()
If frmCase.optLower = True Then
LowerCase
ElseIf frmCase.optUpper = True Then
UpperCase
Else
TitleCase

Sub LowerCase()
For Each objCell In Selection
objCell.Value = LCase(objCell.Formula)
Next objCell
End Sub

Sub UpperCase()
For Each objCell In Selection
objCell.Value = UCase(objCell.Formula)
Next objCell
End Sub Sub TitleCase()
For Each objCell In Selection
objCell.Value = Application.Proper(objCell.Formula)
Next objCell
End Sub

can anyone tell me how to run from a hidden, unshared, unprotected workbook

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Your macro works on selected cells in the active sheet to right click that
sheet tab, view code and paste the sub below in on the right

Sub Sonic()

"Val H" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Didn't completely work I'm afraid Mike - it brought up the Form OK to select
which Change Case I wanted to select, but when I selected the radio button it
said couldn't find project libary
--
Val

"Val H" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

1. Choose Tools, Customize, Commands tab, Macros category, drag the Custom
Button on to any toolbar.
2. With the Customize dialog box open right-click the new button and choose
Assign Macro and pick ChangeCase_Show().

I might also add a shortcut key for the macro, and change the button Name
and Picture, but they are not necessary.

I would also modify your code to read:

Option Explicit
Dim Cell As Range

Sub ChangeCase_Show()
frmCase.Show
End Sub

Sub DoCaseChange()
If frmCase.optLower = True Then
LowerCase
ElseIf frmCase.optUpper = True Then
UpperCase
Else
TitleCase

Sub LowerCase()
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell = LCase(Cell)
Next Cell
End Sub

Sub UpperCase()
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell = UCase(Cell)
Next Cell
End Sub

Sub TitleCase()
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell = Application.Proper(Cell)
Next Cell

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Val H" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Could you examine my "Making drop down selection lists" post, please,
and tell me if it is possible?